"'I am a disciple of Jesus and I contribute to his Kingdom,' is a necessary statement of self-identity and purpose for every believer in God's family." - Phil Wagler, Kingdom Culture
One of the very tangible ways we contribute to the kingdom of God is through our service to the Bride of Christ, his church. In fact, ministry teams are a prime way in which we help create a space and an atmosphere where people can come and understand the implications of the message of Jesus Christ for themselves.
Below is a listing and a brief description of the ministry teams at New City Church. If you would like to serve on a ministry team, contact Gayle Eng.
1. Worship Service Teams
- Worship Team - A team who serves the congregation by utilizing their musical or vocal talents in leading the congregation to worship the Lord.
- Sound Team - A team with technical aptitude that helps to magnify voices in worship and record sermons.
- Set Up Team - A team that ensures the sanctuary is set up and ready to receive regular worshipers and visitors. This team assists in setting up chairs, tables and creating a welcoming environment.
- Take Down Team - This team ensures that the property that we rent for worship is restored back to its original set up and "better than we found it" condition so that we may be good stewards and witnesses to the facility staff.
- Communion Team - This team prepares and takes down the communion table for each Sunday.
- Powerpoint Team - A team that manages the powerpoint slides during our worship service.
- Ushering/Offering Team - This team welcomes and ushers visitors to available seats, helps to manage the procession of people to the communion table during service and takes up the offering.
2. Church Teams
- Welcome Team - A team of friendly, outgoing, regular attenders that aim to make visitors feel welcome in our church.
- Hospitality Team - This team ensures that we have coffee and refreshments for after the service so that people may feel comfortable to mingle and get to know one another better.
- Pot Luck Team - This team helps to coordinate the set up and clean up of church potlucks.
3. Service Teams
- Care Commission - This team helps coordinate meals for families dealing with extended sickness, welcoming a new baby or mourning the loss of a loved one. This team also coordinates baby and wedding showers to celebrate these milestone’s in the life of our congregants.
- Special Events - This team coordinates special events in the church, including our annual Fellowship Camp.
- Nursery - This team provides nursery/childcare services during the worship service for children ages 0-2. All Nursery workers have a police background check and sign the NCC Child Protection Policy annually.
- Sunday School - This team offers Sunday School fellowship and Biblically-based curriculum to children in grades 1-6. Sunday School is offered during our coffee time immediately following the service. All Sunday School workers have a police background check and sign the NCC Child Protection Policy annually.